We have an exciting Receptionist opening with the City of Fitchburg! As our Receptionist, you are often the first person customers come into contact with. You will have the opportunity to present a positive initial experience with customers both in person and by phone.
A strong customer contact background is essential, bilingual (English/Spanish) highly desired.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Answer the telephone, respond to questions or refer callers to the appropriate department.
- Greet people coming into City Hall, answer questions and assist them as necessary.
- Prepare outgoing mail and open and distribute mail.
- Assist the public, in person and on the telephone, with questions.
- Type agendas, notices, and miscellaneous materials as needed.
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of agenda packets, post to website, and notify alerts.
- Process new and renewal operator and retail alcohol licenses. Review, receipt, file applications, and publish notices in official City newspaper.
- Issue dog and cat licenses and collect fees.
- Process applications for sound and street permits. Publish required notices in the official newspaper.
- Process other permits as needed.
- Register new voters, issue absentee ballots, update the database, and other election duties as requested.
- Receipt monies for utility payments, building permits, and municipal court as needed.
- Maintain assigned pages of the City's website.
- Receive and route Open Records Request as needed.
- Process monthly vendor payments as needed.
- When necessary, looks up tax information such as legal descriptions, parcel numbers, addresses, and land values using the GIS system to answers general assessment questions.
- Schedule meeting rooms for internal City meetings.
- Assist other departments as requested, with prior approval from supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Two years of office administration experience preferred.
$38,043 - $43,472 a year
For a full list of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities - please see our Job Description.
Work Environment: Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. Inside work, 95% of the time, and outside work 05% of the time.