About Newmark (Nasdaq: NMRK)
Newmark Group, Inc., together with its subsidiaries (“Newmark”), is a world leader in commercial real estate services, with a comprehensive suite of investor/owner and occupier services and products. Our integrated platform seamlessly powers every phase of owning or occupying a property. Our services are tailored to every type of client, from owners to occupiers, investors to founders, growing startups to leading companies. Harnessing the power of data, technology, and industry expertise, we bring ingenuity to every exchange, and imagination to every space. Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently owned offices, our 18,800 professionals operate from approximately 500 offices around the world, delivering a global perspective and a nimble approach. In 2019, Newmark generated revenues in excess of $2.2 billion. To learn more, visit nmrk.com or follow @newmark
Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently owned offices, our 18,000 experts operate from more than 480 offices around the world. Our long-standing alliance with Knight Frank gives us a global platform and international insight, effectively serving owners, investors, developers and financial institutions across six continents.
Manage and direct the operations of each property to which assigned, at the least possible cost to produce the maximum return on the investment dollars, maintaining the property at the established levels of protection, care and maintenance.
- Maintain appropriate standards of physical maintenance and housekeeping. Establish and monitor preventive maintenance schedules. Prepare or supervise the daily work schedule for operations, and coordination of all in-house construction. Conduct quarterly and annual building inspections.
- Assist the Portfolio Manager or Director, Management Services in the annual interior and exterior office building inspection and prepare a report.
- Provide proper tenant relations for tenant services, alterations, decorations, and construction work being done in building.
- Maintain established programs of safety and security for building occupants and property. Responsible for issue and control of keys to the property. Prepare required reports of accidents, burglaries, etc.
- Maintain proper control of materials and supplies. Requisition by established policies and procedures.
- Prepare and audit annual operating budgets and monitor five percent (5%) tolerance. Prepare monthly report of operation for review with owner.
- Secure bids for capital expenditure – submit to owner. Secure approval and implement.
- Process and maintain all security deposits. Track & instruct accounting regarding disposition of security deposits, if required by owner practices.
- Review construction plans and approve standard rules and regulations to be followed by construction department or tenant.
- Build and maintain client relationships.
- Review and approval of payables and receivables as prepared at the site level. Review and supervise all accounting output as prepared by the accounting department as required by the property.
- Review specifications prepared for service contracts. Assist with selection and final award of contract services, vendor negotiation of service agreements and the overall monitoring of vendor performance to assure full compliance with standards established within the service agreement.
- Prepare synopsis of lease documents and submit billing change notice to accounting department Prepare lease abstracts and, in some cases, may have final approval authority of all lease abstracts and final document output.
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree. CPM and/or RPA designation preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of property management experience, preferably in commercial management.
- Ability to work well with a variety of different individuals both inside and outside of the company.
- Valid real estate license in States that require it. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Broker or salesman license as required for property management in the state/s where business is transacted.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.